Handcrafted. Sustainable. Timeless.
In a world where fast fashion and mass produced items are widely available at very accessible prices, we are committed to bringing affordable luxury to your home and wardrobe through sustainable and ethical practices and take conscious steps to see our commitment through in our end to end processes.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
- We only work with partners who match our ethos and commitment. Our production partners are small family run businesses who are deeply committed to empowering artisans and promoting artisanal skills such as block printing, hand stitching, hand embroidery etc.
- We believe in slow fashion. From the design process to receiving stock of finished products, it can take up to 3 months to manufacture some of our products, with multiple hours spent on each stage of the process.
- We design and sell premium quality products that are seasonless and meant to last you year after year.
- All our products are produced in small batches, meaning we're never stuck with a large stock of anything, reducing our carbon footprint and contribution to landfill.
- All our production partners have hygienic and safe working conditions, ensuring artisans are working in an environment conducive to their wellbeing.
- We use deadstock fabric for the production of some of our items. This approach involves utilizing leftover or excess fabric from previous production runs or discarded fabric from other sources. By incorporating stock fabric into apparel production, we significantly reduce waste, conserve resources, and contribute to a more sustainable fashion industry.
- We offer "local pick-up" as a part of our delivery options. If you're going to be near our HQ in central London, you're always welcome to come collect your order in person, positively impacting our carbon footprint.
- Our packaging is recyclable and we use reusable cloth tote bags for shopping bags, if you shop with us at an event.
For thousands of years, India has been a hub of culture, celebration, and diversity. The spirit of its innumerable festivals, colourful fabrics and flavourful food is unmistakable. Our vision at Rooh, which means “the soul” in Hindi, is to bring this spirit of India, embodied by these vibrant colours, textures, fabrics, and traditions, into your world. And if we can do our little bit to have a positive impact on the environment, and leave the world a better place, while bringing you a part of one of the oldest civilisations in the world, then we are all the better for it. Thank you for joining us on this journey.